President Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma’s annual salary surpasses heads of state from countries wealthier than South Africa.
Based on annual salary, Pres Zuma takes home R2.75 million per year which makes him the fourth highest paid after Germany’s leader Joachim Gauck, Justin Trudeau of Canada and US president Barack Obama who leads the pack.
Zuma earns about R100 000 more than United Kingdom’s Prime Minister Theresa May and about R250 000 more than Japan’s Shinzo Abe.
Here is a list of top 12 highest paid leaders’ salaries :
12. Xi Jinping (China) – R270 000.
11. Pranab Mukherjee (India) – R372 000.
10. Michel Temer (Brazil) – R1.4 million.
9. Sergio Mattarella (Italy) – R1.5 million.
8. Vladimir Putin (Russia) – R1.7 million.
7. Francois Hollande (France) – R2.4 million.
6. Shinzo Abe (Japan) – R2.5 million.
5.Theresa May (United Kingdom) – R2.6 million.
4. Jacob Zuma (South Africa) – R2.75 million.
3.Angela Merkel (Germany) – R2.9 million.
2. Justin Trudeau (Canada) – R3.2 million.
1.Barack Obama (United States) – R5 million.