Allegations surrounding discharging of a firearm by the EFF leader Julius Malema during the celebration of his party’s anniversary at a stadium in East London, Eastern Cape last year is taking another turn as the police issued a warning statement to him.  The leader confirmed this himself, he said “Police have made contact with me and said they requested to see me on Tuesday for a warning statement. I think they have taken a decision to charge me…but no worries, that’s my life, me and the establishment always fight. Police say they took a decision to charge me but they’ll wait for the right time…what is a right time? Because if a crime is committed, police must charge immediately and act decisively.”

Malema further disclosed that “They are going to charge me and I will answer in court. I decided to remain silent, its my right. I hear people talking about a rifle…I don’t know those things. This is not a big issue, you get charged or sent to jail when you are in politics.”

Earlier today, we reported that the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) was yet to decide whether Malema would be prosecuted or not. NPA spokesman Luxulo Tyali said an investigating officer assigned to the case was collating statements and developments on the matter would be announced soon.