According to report, the family members who are from Ihiagwa in Imo state but residing in Rivers died after inhaling fumes from the generator which they kept in the kitchen.

It was gathered that they slept off in the sitting room while watching television.

Their corpses have been taken to their home town of Ihiagwa for burial.

According to a source living in the area, simply identified as Prisca, she said one of the deceased was 10-year-old Miracle Nathaniel, who was a JSS 1 pupil of one of the schools in the area.

She added. “The street they were living is Too-Much-Money Street, Elele. This (Thursday) morning, people expected them to wake up as usual, but they did not come out.

“When some neighbours decided to check on them, they discovered that they were already dead in the sitting room. Residents suspected that they died as a result of inhaling carbon monoxide from the generator.

“The generator was left in the kitchen of the one-bedroom apartment. It could be that they were watching television and at a point, they slept off in the sitting room without putting off the generator.

“This morning, when neighbours went to check on them because they had not come out, they discovered that all of them had died; no member of the family survived it.”

“Their corpses have been taken to their village in Ihiagwa, Imo State. They were seven in number; the father, the mother and five children. I only know one of them, Miracle Nathaniel, who was about 10 years old.”.

The Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni has confirmed the death of the family members, he said they have already commenced investigation to unravel the circumstances behind their death.

“We are aware of the incident and it is sad. A family of seven made up of the father, the mother and five children were discovered dead this morning. They were suffocated to death by fumes from a generator.

“We have commenced an investigation to unravel the circumstances that led to their death.”